Hi my lovely readers!
London, the capital of England and the busiest and probably best know city in Europe has so much going for it.
We all know about the plenty and historic sights of London, the Queen and the British pub grub. But how is your knowledge about London when it comes to the weird and wonderful as well as the fun and interesting, less known bits about the city?
Well, you can brush up your knowledge now and impress your friends with these fun and interesting facts about London you most likely haven’t heard of yourself.
16 Fun and Interesting Facts about London (You maybe didn’t know)
1. You can hear 300+ languages in London
2. There are 170 museums in London
3. The majority of billionaires in the world call London there home
4. The iconic red busses weren’t always red
5. There are more people living in London than Austria
6. London had the first ever underground network in the world
7. London has the highest Ferris wheel in Europe – The London Eye
8. The Christmas tree for Trafalgar Square has been gifted from Norway to London every single year since 1947
9. Five underground stations are named after pubs – for the love of pubs
10. It’s illegal to feed the pigeons in Trafalgar Square
11. London has Twice as Many Tourists Each Year than people living there
12. During WW2 Bethnal Green Station used to be an air raid shelter
13. There are over 10,000 Indian restaurants in London
14. London is technically a forest according to the definition by the United Nations
15. In 1814 there was a beer tsunami that killed 8 people
16. The Queen has to be granted permission to enter the City of London by the Mayor
What do you think? Were any of the facts new to you and a surprise?
Find me on Instagram @cruisetravel88
Pin me for later!
2 thoughts on “16 FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LONDON (YOU MAYBE DIDN’T KNOW)”
im sorry what? A beer Tsunami? You can’t just leave that there without explaining! interesting stuff though! 🙂
Haha, I know, right? Didn’t believe it myself when I came across this fact.