Hi my lovely readers!
Christmas and New Year’s is over now and I am actually looking forward to some healthy and green foods and dishes.
I love eating all those treats over the festive period, but I must say in January I always feel a bit heavy, bloated and frankly had enough of sweets. I actually start to crave healthy food.
I love eating salads as a side dish to my meals, but they can get a bit boring. If you feel the same way and want to mix up your salad then today’s recipe is for you – Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese.
Ingredients (makes 4 portions):
- 1 Can (425 ml) Brown Lentils
- 200 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Spring Onions
- Juice from Half a Lemon
- A Handful of Parsley
- A little Rosemary
- 150 g Goat Cheese Role
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper
1. In case you decide to use dried lentils, prepare them in advance according to the packaging. If you are using a can of lentils, great you can start preparing the salad now. Drain the lentils well and get rid of all the liquid. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius fan.
2. Half the cherry tomatoes and cut the spring onions into 1,5 cm ling pieces. If you cut them at an angle, they take on a nice shape and it looks nicer in the salad. Chop your parsley finely and add all the ingredients to the lentils.
3. Now you can prepare your dressing. Mix the lemon juice, oil and mustard until well combined and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the salad, mix well and put a side.
4. Next up is the goats cheese. Finely chop the rosemary if you are using fresh one and cut the goats cheese into 12 even slices. Put them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and drizzle with the honey and sprinkle the rosemary on top. Warm up and melt the goats cheese in the preheated oven for about 4 min.
5. Time to assemble the dish. Plate the lentil salad and place the melted goats cheese on top.
You might also like: Roasted Pepper Soup From Mary Berry
5 thoughts on “LENTIL SALAD WITH GOATS CHEESE”
Sounds delicious. Love goats cheese
Me, too! It is really creamy and goes really nicely with this salad.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Super delicious and wonderful combination 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person
Absolutely! I love goats cheese