Hi my lovely readers!
2020 is almost over and I am certainly ready to welcome the new year!
For me, 2020 has been good in many ways personally, professionally and also in terms of blogging despite Covid and lockdowns.
I am generally a positive person and try to put a positive spin on everything as I believe life is too short to be grumpy, upset and sad all the time as I already told you about in Lockdown – A Glass Half Full Perspective.
Still, there were times when I did reach a low point especially during the first lockdown when I had to get used to staying away from people and spending more time by myself and indoors.
How did I overcome those dark times?
I focused on the positive, started to practice gratefulness and focused more on my hobbies and personal development. Additionally, I got all those annoying chores out of the way that I always postponed and never wanted to do, although I knew I would have to one day.
And most importantly I kept on telling myself that this situation is not forever and that it is what it is. I know I cannot make Covid go away like that and I have no control over it, but I can control how I deal and think about it.
Having a positive mindset and looking at the positive site of things really helped me and led to all the positive outcomes and experiences I had throughout 2020.
Here is what I have been up to during this year that made me happy and had a positive impact on my life:
- Doubled my following
- Almost tripled the amount of blog posts I publish now
- Started to post consistently (every Tue, Thur and Su)
- It got easier writing blog posts
- Enjoy blogging more and more now
- Feel like I am building a blogging community
- Am faster writing blog posts
- Started to use Canva
- Started a new job
- Have a job
- Changed industries
- Work from home
- Learning and improving skills eg. Salesforce
- Am going to start a Digital Marketing course
- Love working with my colleagues at work
- Have and am reporting to a great manager
- Started to listen to Podcasts about productivity
- Learned Yoga and am more active in general
- Saving money
- Was able to see my family once in 2020
- Have more time for myself
- Am cooking and baking more
- Reading more books, blog posts and magazines
- Am going for daily walks
- Improved on my photography skills
- First pub visit after lockdown felt awesome
- Started to value and appreciate nature more
- Started to practice gratefulness
- My family and friends managed to stay healthy during this year
- New shopping attitude – need less
- Taking better care of my skin
- Taking up hobbies again such as crafting
- Day trip around Dorset
- First car trip to Berlin (took almost 24 hours!!!)
- Long weekend in the Ilse of Wright
- Day trips to view houses and flats in little villages
- Discovering my neighborhood
- Long walks in National Park and English Heritage sites
For next year, I want to go strong just like I did this year. Therefore, watch this space for more blog posts!