Hi my lovely readers!
The Christmas season has finally and officially started, well at least according to us Germans. I am so excited and all pumped up with lots of positive energy.
Every year on Monday after Sunday of the Dead, which is the Sunday before the First Advent, I get all excited as I can get all my Christmas decorations out and fully emerge myself in the festive period and all those traditions that I love, baking Christmas cookies such as Heidesand Christmas Cookies and Chocolate-Kipferl and of course drinking my beloved mulled wine.
That day was yesterday 23rd November for the year 2020 and this year we need to stay positive and cheerful even more. I am a positive person by nature and I am determined to make the most of my favourite time of the year this year, even with Covid restrictions in place and not being able to spend time with my family.
Here are 40 winter and Christmas related ideas that might lift your spirits, make you feel good and contribute to some self-care and well-being.
Stay strong and positive and do not let Covid ruin this beautiful and magical time of year!
- Check that your radiators are heating up properly
- Sit with your back on the radiator and get cozy and warm
- Put your summer clothes away and get your Christmas jumper(s) out
- Invest in a good quality, soft and cuddly blanket
- Warm up your bed with a hot water bottle
- Have a binge watching day
- Go for a long walk outside
- Air your flat properly
- Buy some toiletries with winter smells
- Take a nice and long hot bath
- Invest in a face mask for extra moisture to combat dry heat
- Warm up your clothes on a towel rack
- Start to think about Christmas gifts and shopping
- Read a Christmas book
- Decorate your flat/house for Christmas
- Make a Christmas wreath
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Get an advent calendar
- Wear Christmas earrings
- Make your own Christmas cards and post them
- Have some mulled wine
- Bake and cook some comfort food
- Make a Christmas coffee by adding Christmassy spices to your coffee
- Try out a new recipe
- Winter cleaning
- Meet a friend
- Dress up and make an effort of looking great and feeling good
- Have at least one productive day
- Stay active and move around every hour
- Clear your clutter
- Think positive and push negative thoughts aside. A situation or circumstance often seems worse than it actually is. Stay positive!
- Play your favourite music and dance and sing along
- Make your own candles
- Play board games
- Try out a new craft
- Buy yourself a present and reward yourself for getting through 2020
- Reflect on the year 2020
- Plan for the year 2021 – goals, hopes and dreams
- Make a list of what you are grateful for
What would you add to this list?