Who does not love a day out at the beach and sea?
Britain has a seaside heritage and there are plenty of fun things to do at any of the many seaside resorts across the country.
Some of them have sandy beaches, plenty of them have their own pier and all of them have something to offer.
What do they all have in common?
They are great destinations for a fun day out. Especially now as many of us are opting for a staycation rather than travelling abroad for our annual holiday this year.
Here are a few ideas of what to do at the British Seaside.
- Go and visit the arcades
- Explore the pier
- Give a donkey ride a go
- Check out the railway rides
- Play mini golf
- Stroll the shops for souvenirs
- Visit an aquarium eg. Sea Life
- Go for a hike along the coast line or promenade
- Feel the sand between your toes
- Play some Frisbee
- Fly a kite
- Look for some crabs and other animals in rockpools
- Try out some water sports such as paddle boarding
- Build a sand castle
- Go for a swim if you dare
- Eat some Fish and Chips
- Have some ice cream with a flake if possible
- Try some fudge
- Treat yourself to some candyfloss
- Eat some doughnuts
- Cool yourself down with some slush puppies
There is so much more to do such as visiting local museums, seaside theme parks with roller coaster rides, meeting friends in a local pub while enjoying an iced cold cider and the list goes on.
MY IDEAL DAY AT THE SEASIDE
My ideal day at the seaside would involve a visit to a theme park or aquarium in the morning that you can often find at the waterfront, followed by lunch. I always have fish and chips and if the weather is hot, I would have an ice cream for desert.
In the afternoon a competitive game of mini golf would be on the agenda as well as a visit to the pier and the arcades. I love playing on the 2 pence machines and at least one game of air hockey is a must.
After all that fun, a stroll around the promenade, a few strokes in the water to cool down and a peak into some of the souvenir shops rounds up the day nicely.
What would your ideal day at the seaside look like?