When the weather gets hotter, most of us prefer a refreshing drink. And for me, this is a Mojito.
The citrusy taste of the lime goes well with the rum and the sugar just adds that little bit of sweetness that is needed. And of course the mint gives that refreshing kick that cools you down.
Most of the ingredients you might need, you will have to hand already in your kitchen. And I love that it does not require any fancy ingredients that you will not need again any time soon.
It is a simple drink, that is super tasty and refreshing.
Not much effort required, and no bartender skills needed to make this either!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 50 ml white rum
- 12 – 15 mint leaves
- 2 Tsp white sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 lime cut into two wedges
- Sparkling water / soda
1. Put the mint leaves, lime wedges and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Next, bash everything with a mortar or something similar to release the aroma of the mint leaves and the juice from the lime wedges.
2. Add the ice and rum and shake everything as if there was no tomorrow! Normal ice cubes from the freezer will do and the white rum depends on your preference. I usually go with Bacardi.
3. Empty the content into a long glass tumbler and top up with the sparkling water or soda.
4. If you want to you can decorate the drink a bit by adding a few sprigs of mint on the top or by adding a slice of lime on the side of the glass.
What is your favourite summer cocktail?
2 thoughts on “MY FAVOURITE SUMMER COCKTAIL – MOJITO”